How to Map OneDrive for Business as a Network Drive
The web-view of OneDrive for Business is great for certain use-cases but can be limiting compared to the Windows Desktop for serious productivity. Microsoft created the OneDrive sync client to help with this, but the sync client has a long list of scenarios it doesn’t support well (or at all).
What do you do then?
You can map a drive to OneDrive for Business, and solve both problems at the same time.
How do you do that?
You have a few options for mapping network drives to OneDrive. Some involve scripts or frequent manual steps by the users themselves. But the most stable, powerful and user-friendly way is using our Office 365 mapping tool: Cloud Drive Mapper.
How to map a drive to OneDrive for Business using Cloud Drive Mapper
Why Cloud Drive Mapper?
- Cloud Drive Mapper (CDM) is an enterprise-grade application with an expert team of engineers available to help with configuration, deployment and troubleshooting.
- It’s robust and trusted by millions of users across thousands of organizations all over the world.
- IAM Cloud are longstanding Microsoft Gold Partners, a former Microsoft Worldwide Partner of the Year, and ISO27001 certified for information security.
- Cloud Drive Mapper is supported across a range of environments including Windows and Windows Server. CDM is also compatible with VDI & VAI environments, including Citrix, RDS and VMWare.
- CDM is a simple yet powerful solution that’s easy to manage, reliable and affordable. It’s especially affordable considering you can significantly reduce your local storage server costs with CDM + Microsoft 365.
- Cloud Drive Mapper maps drives to OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams for full Microsoft365 storage integration.
- CDM has a range of useful added features for both end-users and IT admins.