Cloud Drive Mapper v2.9.4 (Minor Release)
“What’s in this release?”
Cloud Drive Mapper 2.9.4 follows the 2.9 and 2.9.3 releases with a few additional minor improvements and added features.
No, not unless your organization is currently experiencing and issue that has been fixed in this release, or if you would like to use some of the new features.
Important – please read before updating:
- For customers upgrading from CDM versions below 2.8: You will need to go through the full AAD enterprise app approval workflow (see knowledge base article) before you can update to the new version.
- EnableAdvanceMode – the option that meant the local CDM client would talk to the ‘Advanced Mode’ AAD Enterprise Application has now become the default behaviour. This means you no longer need to add a registry setting here. However conversely, if you are using CDM Standard Mode (the reduced-permissions AAD app) you’ll now need to ensure you’re using our new MASTERSETTINGS key (see article) with ‘1’ included in the bitmask value.
- If you are upgrading from versions below 2.9, please make sure you are familiar with the 2.9 changes and 2.9.3 changes as well as the details below before upgrading.
Full Release Notes
- Fixed the ability to install even if PowerShell policy is set to blocked
- Stopped ability for a drive to consume an already consumed drive
- Fixed a bug that was leaving behind a shortcut menu item on uninstall
- Now installing using GPO will show continuously on the upgrade path between both 2.8 and 2.9+ versions
- Extra logging on the shortcut links to help diagnose any issues
- Ability to change folder redirection settings by right clikc refresh
- You can now install with NOAUTOSTART=”TRUE” argument and it will not auto start with Cloud Drive Mapper, you should use this if you spawn Cloud Drive Mapper through alternative method such as bat or UserInit, or if you simply do not want CDM to launch automatically
- Folder Redirection now supports a bitmask and has new MSI Parameter / registry setting called FolderRedirectionSettings
- CDM can now disable Windows inbuilt “ModernSharing”
- SequentialDriveLetters now allows the admin to set a sequence of drive letters to attempt if the one trying to map is consumed already